Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Storm...

In the still of the night, I can hear you...I hear you Lord, in the sound of the wind as it blows through the trees.......In the sound of the ocean as the waves hit the shore..... In the laughter of my children as they play in the sun........I now can also see.... Things in a wider spectrum, especially the sky. It reminds me of myself some days its bright and warm and other days its lonely and grey....Then the days when storms begin to set in and so quickly send the atmosphere into utter chaos...still I see you...Jesus, the winds they come in from every direction, lightning from a source unknown and the loud claps of thunder!!! And now, the rain, it just keeps falling and falling.....Will it ever stop?.......Are you here, in the storm ? Wait, I can still hear you and still see you....You've come to rescue me, even in this storm!!!!

So many storms have come and gone, some more severe than others. Every storm has brought me to a higher level of understanding of who I am suppose to be. Without Jesus my storms were so lonely, always wondering ....Am I going to get through this one? His hand has reached down and lifted me out of my places of desperation and a hopelessness I can not revisit. Will there always be storms you ask? Yes always...And there will always be a hand to lift you out of the wreckage, The same hand that was nailed to the cross, the same hand that will deliver you from the hand of the enemy.That hand is the hand of Jesus.....Call out in your storm...Jesus It's Me..........


No comments:

Post a Comment