Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Name is Jesus

Walking down a dirt road, scared and alone... She can feel the chill of the night on the back of her neck...Her eyes scan the woods that line the road, she feels as if eyes are following every foot step she takes..Her walking becomes brisk, she looks back..How did I get here, she wonders.....This road is not familiar...How do I get out of here? She can hear murmuring sounds from behind the tree line, the leaves begin to rustle...An unpleasant odor fills the atmosphere...The sounds are frightening!!! She becomes frozen in her stance, legs are too weak to run, and her voice, she can't seem to find it...The sounds seem closer, the murmuring has turned to a suspicious growling....Help!!! She can't scream, everything in her is shuttering in fear...How did I get on this road??? Suddenly dark shadows loom in closer from the road side......These shadows, they have no form, they came toward her with such force, they knocked her off of her feet. An arctic chill filled the air, causing her deep breathing to be visible. Her hands clenched the dirt road, her eyes shut tightly...These shadows have a voice, they say....You are a failure, You will never amount to anything, You are filthy, No one will ever love you....Eyes welling with tears....Frantic screams, desperate cries...The shadows become stronger, they are gaining their strength, they can sense she is becoming weaker...They torment her....Don't you remember where you came from? Don't you remember the terrible things you have done? You are a disgrace...And again, no one will ever love you. The shadows have tripled in size and in numbers...She is lying face down on a cold dirt road, The shadows begin to beat on her flesh, her body hasn't a fight left in her...Her soul has surrendered...
The shadows sense that she has given up....They retreat, back into the dark abyss they had emerged from..After several hours of hysterical tears and replaying the words spoken over her, She tries to pull herself from the tear soaked dirt...Her soul is weak and her body feels broken...How did I get here??? A dim light appears in the distance, a rustling of the trees startle her....The wind seems to be picking up....The light is moving toward her, she struggles to get to her feet..Upon standing the light disappears. Her heart racing and her body trembling, she tries to gain control...A voice from behind her breaks the silence...How did you get here? She reluctantly turns, in front of her stands a man with eyes of compassion.... Shuttering, She pleads, "Please help me"...The man reaches out His hand , she flinches....I will not hurt you, You don't know me, but I have known you...I know all things...You are not a failure, you have plans and purposes, you are beautiful and I will always love you...Your past is not your future and I do know where you come from...Sobbing...She asks, Who are you?...With his hands clasping her face He says I am...Jesus.... your father...You came from me, I created you..I chose the color of your eyes....The sound of your laughter... and have counted every tear you have cried...Where have you been? I have been here your whole life, I have sent my people to you, they tried to tell you about me, but you weren't ready to listen.. Why have you come now??? Now is the time, that you must recieve me...You have much to do for me and my people...There are people waiting to hear your story..Only you can lead them to me...Will you follow me? He bent forward and kissed her forehead....Her eyes closed and her knees weakened...She opened her eyes..and He was gone....
WAIT!!!! Jesus...Jesus...Don't leave...I believe...I believe...You are my father....Daddy, Daddy.....Please come back..I am afraid......A hand brushes her hair from behind...she swiftly turns...JESUS!!! It's you ...You came back...She lept into His arms, embracing her He said,..."You don't have to be afraid anymore I am here, just call my name.....Nothing else...Just JESUS!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment