Thursday, April 16, 2009

The gateway.....My dedication to you my friend...

In my ministry I have had people often ask me ...How did you develop the relationship you have with Jesus?? My response is always...He became.... my father... my best friend..my lover..my redeemer..my counselor...my king!!! How??.. They ask..Well... I was introduced to Jesus...I had a date with a friend....That day my life changed..........I remember the day like it was yesterday....I walked into a small building....Into a room with a man I had never met...I knew of him, because my mother attended his church. When I first saw him I knew immediately that something was different about him..I really didn't know what to expect..His voice was sincere and kind, he graciously expressed his love for his wife and his love for Jesus Christ..He told me, it didn't matter what I had done in the past, that Jesus loved me...And that the love of Christ never fails, it is unconditional...When he spoke his eyes welled with tears..He told me because of Jesus Christ he is a new creation, and that all have fallen short of the glory of God...And that God gave up his only son, so we would have a chance at a new life ..A life with Him....Everlasting....This man taught me, that only through Jesus my life could change...He taught me scripture, directed my path, and always pointed me back to The Word of God!!!

Christ Followers, I would like to take you on this journey with me..My salvation, was miraculous..radical...I felt Jesus touch my soul......I knew at that moment...I have found my true love...Walk with me...

It's about dusk..The night air is brisk..the autumn leaves have fallen from the trees revealing the now naked branches..As I walk along the sidewalk, through the trees, in the distance, I can see the rising of the moon...My stomach is restless, butterflies fluttering uncontrollably...As I turn the corner, I can see our meeting place..It's quaint.......Every step I take towards this place my heart begins to beat uncontrollably...I enter through the gateway...Anxiously, I scan the space.....I was nervous, yet I didn't know why..I had heard, from others that He was gentle and kind.... But still, My palms begin to sweat....The man at the, gateway noticed it was me...He said, " That my friend had been waiting for me....and that, it would be his pleasure to introduce the two of us."... I walked slowly anticipating every step that brought me closer to Him..I noticed that each table I passed had a faintly lit candle...How peaceful this setting was....The man told me that he had met Him some time ago, and that He was a dear friend of his also... And I should get to know Him......Approaching the table....The man carefully leaned forward, and said....Michelle....this is He...Who I told you about....At that moment my breathing became shallow, my heart felt like it had stopped......It became silent......I looked around.....We were alone....He looked at me and said hello my love...I have been waiting for you.....He stood slowly, walked toward me, pulled out my chair..... He whispered... Sit my darling...I felt Him brush by me..Suddenly, He was across the table....My lips quivering I said, Hello.....He was more beautiful than I had ever imagined.....He slowly reached across the table..May I hold your hand?? I have longed for this moment for a very long time.....Now here you are...Michelle ..Please look up at me....I looked into His eyes..... He stretched forth His other hand and brushed his palm gently down my face ....At that moment.. time had stopped.....I knew, from that day forward I would live my life only to please Him...

My meeting with Jesus that day has changed my life...I can never express to you, through words.. How my heart has rejoiced in every experience.. How my spirit has soared with every encounter...And how I have cried out, through every visit back to the potter's wheel....I can say this...Thank-you for introducing me to my Savior and King.. I am eternally grateful....Because of you...I will someday be dancing on streets of gold!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for his faithful ones who will show his lost children the way to freedom in Him! As you continue to write of your journey with Jesus, you are doing the same as that man in that small building did for you... Helping to change lives so they too will be dancing on streets of gold! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete